Posted By Dawn Amundson on March 2, 2019
Mardi Gras Murder Mystery Fat Tuesday, March 5, 2019 8pm Central my Suite (This is a closed party. It will not be posted))
This is an intellectual Game. In the Mystery you will be a Suspect or a Witness
Here is the Opening Story and the Rules of Play
Murder at the Mardi Gras Party™
The Case of Lance and Arika Drake
The Drakes were known for their elaborate Mardi Gras Parties. Everybody that was anybody even his or her enemies looked for an invitation to this event.
Lance Drake was Chairman of the Board of Drake Enterprises. Drake was a Business Man. He was involved with any profitable business that came in his direction, either legal or illegal. Arika Ellsworth-Drake was filthy rich with pedigrees on both sides. Arika was the head of many influential charities and a snob.
The plot thickens during the Drake’s Mardi Gras Party when Lance and Arika Drake were shot to death with a .45 caliber revolver with silencer, in the library of the Drake Mansion. Arika’s personal secretary Natalie found the bodies and called the police. The murderer or murderess tried to make it look like Arika killed her husband Lance, wrote a suicide note “Till death do us part” on the mirror with her red lipstick and then took her own life. But in fact, Lance & Arika’s deaths were a double homicide. Clues at the Scene of the Crime… a clock that was broken on the floor showing 9:15. Behind the sofa there was a bracelet with a ballet slipper charm. Lance’s contact lenses were on the floor, and a lace handkerchief with the initial “D” was found. On Lance’s personal computer there was a memo to Natalie about a trip to Europe. It was planned for the following week. We are gathered here today to witness the reading of Lance and Arika Drake’s Last Will and Testament. It was Drake’s wish that his death be a Party celebration for the reading of his last will. Their children Paige and Brice Drake have survived Lance and Arika Drake.
Copyright 1980, 2019 by Dawn Amundson All Rights Reserved
Rules of Play
Remember to keep your eyes and ears open. We are sure that another homicide will occur and you as a guest must determine who is behind these dastardly deeds.
How to find the Murderer or Murderess You now have an opportunity to unravel this mystery. Throughout this event clues will turn up. In addition, you should also uncover other clues by questioning the suspects and witnesses. Watch and listen carefully you need to pay attention to the action sequences. Be sure to question as many suspects and witnesses as you can. TAKE NOTES! Putting the clues together and looking for the person that has the best motive should give you the answers that you will need to solve this mystery.
Object of the Game: Is to deduce which of the Suspects is the Murderer/Murderess. You are looking for one Suspect that is the murderer / murderess. Each suspect has a character sketch and two clues. You must question all of the Suspects. Witnesses have a character sketch and additional information regarding this mystery case.
Questions to ask Suspects and Witnesses
1. Who are you? What do you do? Who do you like or dislike?
2. What was your relationship to the deceased?
3. Do you know anyone that had anything against the deceased?
4. Do you know anyone that is being blackmailed?
5. Do you have any information on someone who is having an affair?
6. Do you have any information about the day of the murder?
7. Where were you when the murder occurred? What is your alibi?
List of Suspects
(The Case of Lance and Arika Drake)
Suspects: One of these Suspects is responsible for the Double Homicides of Lance and Arika Drake or any other murders that may occur. Please take notes as you question all characters.
1. Brice Drake – Lance and Arika’s son and Profession Student at S.A.U.
2. Cary Drake-Lance Drake’s brother and Vice President of Drake
3. Devon Drake – Cary Drake’s wife and organizer of Charities.
4. Paige Drake – Lance and Arika’s daughter and executive at Drake Enterprises.
5. Nigel Knightly – The Butler at the Drake Mansion.
6. Victoria Knightly – Prima Ballerina and Nigel and Emma Knightly’s daughter.
7. Gerald Lawrence – An Executive at Drake Enterprises.
8. Natalie Whitney – Arika Drake’s personal secretary.
Copyright 1980, 2019 by Dawn Amundson All Rights Reserved
Your New Identity
If it’s possible. Please aka after your VW Name with the Name of your New Identity
You are a professional ballet dancer and travel around the world with the Chicago Ballet. When you’re in Chicago, you stay with your parents at the Drake Mansion. You’re an active member of the A.P.P. “Anxious Peoples Party”, a well-known underground political group that brings in Refugees from all over the world. Because you’re with the traveling troupe, you’re able to take messages anywhere in the world for the Party.
You are in love with Brice Drake. Even though he is spoiled. You still want to marry him. Brice’s mother (Arika) and father (Lance) thought that you were not good enough to be in the Drake / Ellsworth Family.
You hated Lance and Arika Drake. Arika Drake always snubbed you. When you were starring in “Swan Lake” your ballet company performed for one of Arika’s Charities. Your performance was magnificent. You had 10 curtain calls. After the performance, Arika came back stage and thanked everyone but you. And to make this soap opera even soapier, Lance Drake forced you to be involved with him, by threatening to turn over to the police evidence of your father being a wanted criminal in Russia.
Your father reads to many Amundson Mysteries. (DO NOT tell anyone including the police. You noticed on his bed table in his room that he had been reading the case of “Till Death Do Us Part”.)
1. Devon Drake said to her husband Cary. “If we (Cary and Devon) don’t move out of the Mansion soon, I’ll kill Lance and Arika for making our lives soo miserable.”
2. 30 minutes before the Mardi Gras Party, Lance Drake announced to all of the people that live in the Mansion that he was going to change his Will. Lance said that he had given the attorney all of the information and would sign the document after the Mardi Gras Party.